Monday, April 30, 2012

Better Late than Never


            I haven’t made the time to write in a while.  It seems that there are a few things that are in play right now in my mind. Burn down Jita has so far had mixed results. 500 billion isk was thrown around a number for the total losses by all parties involved. I really don’t have a concept of that much isk in the game.  The most I have ever had is around 650 million after selling a lot of ships and other equipment to others in my corporation. I guess 500 billion thrown around by a large alliance like the Goonswarm is not that much when they can field 50 titans at a time on a given battlefield. 
            I  myself would have planned it a different way. I would’ve announced it and made it very public like the Goons did. 12 corporations/alliances declared war on them which I find very humorous. Why give the Goons a free shot at you in front of Concord like that instead making them earn it more. If I was the goons, I would go through all of
Jita’s stations, inventory all of the corporate offices, and declared war on each office-holder in Jita. The rent is very expensive in Jita. Also, you know those corporations frequent the system and probably operate there as well as neighboring systems.
A few locator agents and you have more than enough targets to go attack. Hell, I would have done the same thing at Rens, Amarr, and Dodixie as well. With the amount of alliance members they have, they could cover them for a month and shut down the major marketplaces in Eve. That would’ve been much more effective and it could last longer than this campaign will.
            As far as Hulkegeddon goes, when you’re in nullsec space, it’s always Hulkageddon.  The only thing I won’t try to do for a while is afk ice mine in highsec.  I have been very fortunate lately about not losing any mining vessels that I own.  I also have stepped out and tried to do some more PVE as well as trying to join some defense fleets. Last week, I joined a CVA group that was trying to snare a Cynabal, a Sabre, and a Talos in a neighboring system.  Not sure what the plan was; the hostiles were about 120 km from the jumpgate we were camping and no one was really moving.  I only had a Moa lightly loaded since I don’t have any tech II hybrid capability.  I began to loiter between the fleet and the hostiles about 100 km from the hostiles. Past me went two interceptors with now support, flying separately towards them.  The hostiles surgically picked them apart in no time.  It seemed like the group lacked cohesiveness in order to attack the three hostiles that were present. I made a slow circle and realized that the Talos had started to close on me and opened fire. I was getting hit by him, but I was able to start returning fire and doing very little damage to him.  I was probably 55 km away when I was able to warp out and save my skinny little mining ass. I had flown back to the gate and saw no one around. I guess my version of fun was over for the night.  
            After that little event, it seemed like a fleet sniper would be a ship to work on flying next. The fleet I joined had to try to work close in and absorb significant amounts of damage before properly engaging the hostiles. A fleet sniper that could engage around 90-100 km would have forced the issue and made them either flee or close to attack the sniper.  I scored a few cheap BPCs of a Naga, Talos, and the other two tier 3 BCs and decided that my weapon of choice would be a Naga. After learning the large hybrid skillbook up to lvl 3, I built one and slapped some meta 3 350mm Hybrid turrets on it with some other trinkets to help with range and damage. I decide to try plutonium charges for their damage potential. With 2 Tech II sensor boosters running, minus scripts, I am able to target objects out to 145 km. With the plutonium charges, I can barely nick targets around 90 km and increase the damage as the range shortens up through 65 km.  I’m even able to hit Sansha frigs out as far as 80 km. Not bad for a newbie miner.  My next goal is to get tech II hybrid turret ability of the medium variety.....

No comments:

Post a Comment