Monday, April 9, 2012

Evidence

   Everyone is all hot and bothered about the potential change in mineral supply.  I have seen some prices climb steadily on types on minerals that I buy.  I have also been checking out eve markets and other places and I have noticed a very significant increase in the amount of unfilled buy orders versus sell orders for minerals such as Megacyte, Zyrdrine, and Nocxium.  While I don't think that we have hit the highpoint on mineral prices, the trend appears to set up for a dramatic wait-and-see for the end of the month. The market is tightening up, and we'll see what dries up first, minerals or items made from minerals.  Either way, Indy guys like myself stand to make good isk if we position ourselves for the run up. 
   On another note, a new small grav belt was open for business today after I finally found it.  I was a little embarrassed for someone 6 months ago who routinely had to scan the static wh exit in my home just to go get supplies.  After the probes cooperated, I was able to set up for a little bit and take close to 160,000m3 today in mostly Plaglioclase and Kernite.  These two ores are not normally found in our space and they contribute the 4 minerals I cannot keep in stock right now: Isogen, Mexallon, Pyerite, and Tritanium.  It seems the last two I cannot ever get enough of here in Providence.  I would jump through hurdles to get my hands on Zydrine and Megacyte in highsec. How ironic that the other two are scarce around here at reasonable prices....
   My next highsec adventure is to compile a Heretic blueprint and some more cruiser and battlecruiser BPCs in case the predictions are true and market does dry up.  A premium for certain ships is already starting.  Hulks have been up 20 million since I bought 1 two months ago. Noctis seemed to keep rising. I've seen them go up about 25 million over the same time period and they have similar mineral needs that a battlecruiser build would be; but you've got at least 20-40 million additional profit per build with each of these babies.

It's a good thing that my buy orders for Viscous Pyrox and Fiery Kernite keep getting filled in highsec....I'll need my pile to get higher and higher for the coming drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment