Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sold!

     Well, I wasn't even able to try out my Impel before the CEO decide he wanted to buy it off of me.  I'll have another 125 million in my wallet, but I have to figure out whether I buy the materials to build another or just pocket the difference I'll make and buy another in Jita.  In Jita they are selling for about 116 million.  I'm already up 9 million.  Unfortunately, I have tied up 40 million in the 4 BPs I bought at auction for Impel builds.  10 down and 30 to go....
     Let's see what the second build will cost me.  I start out with only having a few extra Tech II components made for this, plus the extra minerals, the morphite, the RAM Starship Modules, and the Construction blocks. I'll go with the assumption that I don't have any components made; that way I can continue to stockpile for other frigs or the two Tech II cruisers I want to use eventually.
     The Impel needs the following Tech II components:
   55 Fusion Thrusters
   99 Radar Sensor Clusters
1320 Nanoelectrical Microprocessors
3850 Tungsten Carbide Armor Plates
   33 Antimatter Reactor Units
 220 Tesseract Capacitor Units
 275 Linear Shield Emitters

     I can build the capacitors, the armor plates, and the microprocessors with my BPOs that I have for those units.  I unfortunately cannot make the moon materials for these items so I'll need to build the components from bought materials or I have to buy them already made.  From past experience, I know that the microprocessors are usually pretty expensive either way.   I'll use that as an example analysis for our discussion for the non-indy people reading this.
     A quick look at the blueprint for the Nanoelectrical Microprocessor reveal that I need three advanced moon materials to make these.  Now, for every race, they have the same basic items that are needed for their tech II components.  You have one or two neutral materials and then the race specific material added to them.  For Amarr components, they all have Tungsten Carbide in them.  If these were Minmatar's version, the Nanomechanical Microprocessor, they would have Fernite Cabide included instead.  The other two materials are Nanotransistors and Phenolic Composites.
The unresearched recipe to make one of these microprocessors is 13 Tungsten Carbide, 1 Phenolic composite and 6 Nanotransistors.  The Tungsten Carbide I have but for argument's sake, I can get the materials for about 111 a piece, for a total of  1,443 per microprocessor produced.  The phenolic is easy to figure out selling for 750 a piece.  The nanotransistors will put me back 7,300 each unit for a total of 43,800. That brings the total cost for each microprocessor to 45,993.  They are currently selling for around 39,000 a unit in Jita, so it's definitely better to buy them if you cannot make any of the moon materials.  Researching the ME on the blueprint well help drive down costs too, but in the end you have to be smart about what it costs versus making to materials.

     If I am to total the cost of the above components instead of making them, I would be paying about 98 million if I source them from accessible highsec markets.  If you add in the 10 million for the BP, I have a decent profit from my CEO of 17 million.  He can afford it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment