Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rookie ships

   During my time in Providence,  I've noticed that we get wardecced a lot by turds in highsec corporations who prey on the highsec members of our alliance.  They are not used to being shot at since they reside in highsec and do not follow ANY protocols for wartime operations.  In Sovereign space, they usuallly do not come into our area and make trouble. They would be bubbled, outgunned and usually podded before they can escape.  I happen to follow what a lot of people do; I use an alt in highsec to ship, buy, and generally use to do things in highsec.  My character that is not alliance affiliated happens to be Caldari.  I podded over to the next station and low and behold, a redsigned Ibis was waiting for me from the insurance company(wish that was true in real life).  I happen to think that the Ibis is very cool looking now. It has a symmetry that was not found in the earlier design I can appreciate more. Still can't load it out with anything cool, but that's why it's a rookie ship.
     From what I saw, the Amarr ship still looks like a piece of crap. As far as the other two ships go, I have not looked at them yet. I won't even be able to look or make a comparison with the Minmatar ship because; one, I don't have a Minmatar character; and two, my main character still believes in slavery and wouldn't think of lowering himself by flying a Minmatar rustbucket anyways :)
     I am hoping that with an increased emphasis on ships and equipment, the creators have the wisdom to freshen up the rest of the frigate ranks and even consider my wild idea of a tech III frigate for each playable race.  I think the modular idea in the strategic cruisers is a great idea and you could even tie the role of the frigate and it's bonuses to the modules added in its build.  Hell, when are we going to see the Jovians start an occasional incursion to freshen up their genetic lines?  Why can't they capture and brainwash a few unwilling residents?  But I digress.  I must of been daydreaming again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment