Sunday, March 11, 2012

Today's Observation

     I realized something the other day when I logged on at night(my night, not according to the Eve clock) that something people never discuss, but is front and center in everyone's face.  The universe that is created in the game Eve online is a very diverse environment.  You could get immersed into a different way of playing the game each week for months and not get bored of the game.  I have seen some players come and others go. It seems to me that the long term players find enough satisfaction to keep going through the boring periods.The players that stick around have one of two things going for them. They either find a niche they cannot get bored from, or the player simply has enough diversity in his game that one does not get lulled into a repetitive, boring environment.  
     I myself fall into the latter.  I have about a year and 5 months worth of game time invested in Eve Online now. Most of my skills have some development and I'm starting to open up the more advanced skilbooks that lead to larger ships, more specialization, and greater enrichment. My skill diversity allows me to change focus if I get bored with what I am doing in the game. I am to a point that I can sustain a certain amount of isk coming in and I can accumulate enough resources to be self sufficient.  If I cannot make it,  I  will make something else that is substantial that I can sell for those items. I used to think that the be all end all was that I could always make whatever I needed; whether it's a ship, module, or other item. When now, I realize that in order to be successful, a niche has to be found.  I'm ok with that. I used to think that I had to be the best at what I do. Well, if that was the case, I would have had to be one of the first players of Eve and be sitting on 5-10 times the amount of skillpoints that I currently have.  The niche is there for everyone.  You must find one if you are to thrive in Eve.  My current niche is very comfortable for the time being. If I need more from the enviroment, I will go seek it like I did a year and 5 months ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment