Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ka-ching!

   As a miner, your main goal is to gather resources for either your own production or somebody else's. The market can be a fickle friend sometimes. Over the past 6 months, I have spent numerous hours gathering minerals to use towards projects.  I have built several battleships, capital ship components, lots of ammo, and other components for my consumption.   Today was a dream come true for a miner with nothing to build.  A corpmate bought a capital ship component from me on the market the other day.  I saw him online and asked what he was building.  He said it was the last component he needed to build a Rorqual.  He then started on about needing lots of minerals to do his builds and that he spends most of his time travelling around Providence to gather them.  I had mentioned the piles that I was currently sitting and he showed a lot of interest.  I took an inventory of what I had: 16,000 Megacyte, 19,000 Zydrine, 5,000,000 Tritanium, 1.1 million in isogen, etc.  He offered me 225 million for everything.  I did a quick calcualtion based on how much they would sell for in Providence and he was paying about a 15% premium over what they would've been on the open market. BOOM! Just like that I'm sold out of my minerals. and I had cleared the market in the 5 minutes it took to gather the stragglers and make the contract.
     That is a good day for someone like me.  I also have more than enough to finish the two other builds I was working on.  My Impel needs another 400 or so Tech II components to be made.  I also need a dozen or so high end PI items to be made/bought so I can finish building another large Amarr tower for a corpmate.  That will also fetch about 300 million for myself.  Since I'm flush with newfound riches, I can get a few skillbooks I have put off for greener pastures and I can resume rock crushing for the next big score. Arkonor and Mercoxit are still available for my strip turrets so I can get back on the horse and inventory more minerals in style....

No comments:

Post a Comment