Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Welcome to Providence

     One thing for sure, my new home on this expansive game, has been by far the most interesting of them all. During the three months I have operated in the Providence region, most of the previous experiences that I have accumulated have helped me in some way or another. Tech II rules in this region, as it probably does in most other lowsec/nullsec areas.  The other day, I called on my honed probe skills to help find anoms in my home system. Those skills allowed me to survive in a lonely wormhole system for 5 months this past year.  BTW, if you want cool neighbors, I can give you a good address to look up....
     As far as backgrounds go, I've had my fair share of non-combat losses, poddings, stupid moves and good luck.  I have benefited from good advice from both indy characters and pirates alike. I was naive like everyone is when they first join up. You find a couple of neat things to do, like mine Veldspar and you think you're now a player; maybe even take a couple of low level Sansha rats out for about 6,000 isk and you think you can fight now.  Then you decide to travel to one of the Eve bazaars, like Amarr, Jita, Rens and see all of the cons, fighting, and trinkets to buy in the Eve universe. And then you realize you may be playing a game online with thousands of people all over the world but you could easily be at a real life marketplace somewhere in the world.
     Eve has a tendency to mimic life in so many ways.  People try to better their lots through many different avenues. One of the intriguing things that drew me in to Eve during my trial period was this diversity that I didn't know the details about yet, but knew that it existed for me to explore.  In a corp that I had founded, I butted heads with a guy that was cold and calculated when it came to trying to make isk in the game.  I was always telling him that there was a lot of value to learning in the game and that was just as important to me as the isk it made me.  Mining and the industrial side of the game appealed to me instantly.  Going out and putting in the work to make something that someone else wanted to buy made me feel like I was accomplishing something without harming others.  Unfortunately, the predators in the game of Eve have differing values.....

     Now in the Providence region, I have waded into full blown sovereignty, its politics and ideals, as well as the competition to make something of yourself.  With a harder area to operate in, the higher rewards come with higher risks, but if you can't handle it, don't undock............

No comments:

Post a Comment