Sunday, March 18, 2012

The scattered thoughts of my scattered brain

     If you haven't guessed yet, I'm strictly an indy guy in the game of Eve.  I have no epic shootouts to brag about, no podding of hostiles in our sovereign space, and no questions or reccomendations on the latest Rifter fits floating around cyberspace.  I merely have three things to consider right now: 1) How to best utilize my time playing the game; 2) What is the next skill to help me research, refine or build: and 3) what to build, mine, or research next? Here is where my lack of specialization in my skill building has killed my character. I start down a path of skillbuilding so I can start an activity, but I do not develop enough of said skill to get that damn certificate that seems to make the goal not only attainable, but also more effective.
     I have gotten limited access to alliance labs now, and I can do the three basic tasks(ME, PE, and Copying) right now.  The one drawback is now I have to transport my invention paraphenalia back to highsec where I can continue that work.  I have decided to start buying up Bpos of all of the little things that can be invented to a Tech II level and research the hell out of them until I figure out the invention part in the Providence area.  Since I'm remoting the other three activities from the corp office and not at the lab, I could be doing something else wrong that I just haven't figured out yet.  Until then,  I'll be content with my current activities.
     With all of my previous invention tasks, I currently have enough Tech II Bps to keep me busy for a while.  I can clear out the 50 or so that I'm sitting on and I'll still have plenty of time to stock up on the datacores and copies for the next push to invent.  And right now, I'll finance the tech II components by mining Mercoxit in our grav sites and selling Enriched Clear Icicle and Glare Crust to my corpmates.  BTW, Morphite has been selling for higher and higher amounts lately.  It seems that it has stayed above 5400 per unit, almost twice what Megacyte sells for.  It also appears that the demand for it has only increased over the previous few months.  The only thing that is keeping the median price from spiking would be the "savvy" buy orders set up for anybody who doesn't truly understand what they are selling and just hits the sell button too quickly. I have been selling this mineral way too cheaply in Providence for around 3600 a unit.  In Amarr, the 2500 units I sold went for at least 5420 a unit. A healthy sale price of almost 5850 could be fetched if I wasn't so damn impatient with wanting the isk right away.  It looks like my new drug of choice will be Mercoxit.  Not a lot of people where I am at have worked up to it yet and I can easily mine 1500-2500 Mercoxit a week without very much effort or competition.  With every 250 units of ore making me 501 units of Morphite, 27 million isk on the low side is what I can pocket for about 3.5 hours of non combat, non creation activities.  Not bad if you are looking for a different mining angle that not a lot of others work up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment